A new version of FreeBOOT 12625 has been released
Transfer your entire game collection to HDD or any USB storage device and play without the disc! Games load faster, quieter and produce less wear on the laser.
Current version FreeBOOT 12625
freeBOOT is software which is flashed/programmed to your onboard NAND chip that will allow you to 'reboot' a JTAG-exploitable (~pre-mid-June MFR date, pre 8xxx kernel) 360 in a patched 12611 kernel which makes homebrew XDK (unsigned XEXs etc) possible.
- Installation of the JTAG hack and flashing XBReboot/FreeBOOT to the onboard NAND chip
- Installation of the latest homebrew software
- Complete original NAND backup on DVD
- Removal of the R6T3 resistor to prevent accidental updates from blowing the e-fuses read more here
- Original XBox 360 HDD/Enclosure required if purchasing HDD upgrade, otherwise select the HDD Enclosure option.
*If you want custom iXtreme firmware flashed to your DVD drive this will be an additional $35 (This will allow you play backup discs i.e. DVD+R DL
By default we install XEXMenu and NXE2GOD. We do not install any game ROM's, Please contact us prior to purchasing if you would like any other software installed i.e Dashlaunch, Freestyle Dash, emulators (not including ROM's) or custom NAND configurations/patches, We are able to configure your Xbox 360 to multi boot i.e pressing A during boot loads XEXMenu pressing Y loads Freestyle Dash or booting normally loads the standard Freeboot NXE dash.
Future JTAG updates $35
Some of the features/software available - I will update this page as they are released!
- Play games from any storage device! - USB hard drive, Xbox hard drive, USB sticks etc. without the original disc in the drive! Perfect if you have a large game library or have young children who constantly damage discs.
- boot unsigned .xex files homebrew including emulators gentoox linux and media players possibly including Xbox Media Center 360.
- Mame360 - Arcade emulator
- SNES360 - Nintendo SNES
- Genesis360 - Sega Genesis
- FBNAext - Arcade emulator
- NXE2GOD - Converts NXE (Next Xbox Experienc) dashboard HDD installed games to Games on Demand packages that play without the disc from the "My Games" menu.
- XexMenu - Previously known as XexLoader
- Copy any inserted game disc to any storage device
- Play full games from any storage device without the disc
- Manage the filesystems of all storage devices copy delete rename files
*NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS ON XBOX LIVE
This is only available if your console was manufactured before july 2009 and has not been updated to the latest Kernel (System Update) if your version is D:2.0.84** or above your console is not compatible - yet.
To check what kernel version you are cur rently running go to My Xbox > System Settings > Console Settings > System Info
- Installation takes approx 60 minutes for most consoles. 2-3 hours for the latest 512MB models
- Installation is available (By appointment only) at our service centre in Red Beach, Auckland, or we offer postal installations via Courierpost.
- Always send your console with a tracking number. We recommend CourierPost available from all NZ Post Shops nationwide. To send an Xbox 360 it will cost you $16.50 overnight incl insurance.
- All we require is your Xbox 360 console and HDD (if you want us to install homebrew) no cables, controllers etc...
- Package your console well using bubblewrap.
- Include a copy of your order/invoice number or name if organised via phone.
- Installation is carried out the same day we recieve your console and couriered back the following day. You will be able to check your installation/tracking process on your "My Account" page.
- all our soldered installations are performed by an EWRB Registered Electrical Service Technician.
Q: I did the August update. Can I still use it?
A: Not yet. Many highly respected developers have hinted at a solution in the near future though.
Q: I was banned previous to the Homebrew killing update. Can I use it?
A: Yes... as long as your kernel is 7*** or below
Q: Is this for all motherboards?
A: No only pre pre-mid-June MFR date, and pre 8xxx kernel
Q: Where can I find an updated source for Homebrew related news?
A: Xboxscene.com is fairly good. I will be updating this page as often as possible though.
Q: Will this get me banned?
A: Probably? Although some forums users are confirming it currently works...More info soon. Yes this will get you banned.
Q: Sweet! My console got banned in the November ban wave! This gives me something to do with my 360!
A: Nope, not yet. You were on Live so you updated in August. You must wait for a work-around.
Q: I got this done last week and another version has just been released does this mean I have got to fork out another 90 bucks?
A: Nope weve had many customers enquire about us leaving a "socket" in their console so they can update. we use a USB programmer to program the NAND, we leave the JTAG wiring installed in your console. you dont need the a socket anymore you can update to the latest version using a USB stick and software called iFlash or XBR-Flash this is much faster, easier and reliable that using a parallel port.